This week, XO&So shared with us its Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Spinach recipe. This is the perfect pasta dish, featuring leafy green spinach with a creamy chipotle sauce. Try this delicious recipe and share it with your family and friends!
Creamy Chipotle Pasta with Spinach
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
● 1 lb linguini, dry (or other long noodles)
● ½ cup vegetable broth
● 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, PLUS 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce from the can (I remove the seeds from the chipotle pepper)
● 3 tablespoon butter
● 1 shallot, finely chopped
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 cup heavy whipping cream
● 1 cup parmesan, shredded
● 3 handfuls fresh spinach, roughly chopped
● salt and pepper (I add about ¾ teaspoon of salt)
1. Cook the pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions until al dente.
2. To a small food processor, add one chipotle pepper from a can (I remove the seeds first) PLUS two tablespoons of the adobo sauce and ½ cup of vegetable broth. Puree until smooth.
3. Heat a large saucepan on medium heat. Add butter, and let it melt, careful not to let it burn.
4. Add the finely chopped shallots and cook for about three minutes, or until they start to become soft and translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for one minute.
5. Pour the pureed chipotle mix into the pan. Add the whipping cream and salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes.
6. Add the shredded parmesan and the handfuls of fresh spinach, stir. Add the cooked pasta and turn the heat off.
7. Toss the pasta with tongs or forks for about three minutes, until the sauce thickens up, the spinach wilts, and all of the noodles are coated.
8. Taste test and add more salt and pepper to your preference. Serve with more freshly grated parmesan on top. Enjoy!