Armstrong Cheese shared with us this delicious recipe for a Burger Bowl. From perfectly roasted sweet potato cubes to savoury ground beef and a tantalizing array of toppings, this bowl is a delectable twist on a classic favourite that’ll leave your taste buds craving for more.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 454 g (1 lb) lean ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 large leaf lettuce leaves
- 250 ml (1 cup) Armstrong Bacon Shredded Cheese
- 1 cucumber, sliced into strips
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of corn, drained and rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Sriracha mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, sliced lengthwise
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ºC (400 ºF).
2. Combine the sweet potato cubes, olive oil, garlic salt and taco seasoning, and mix until well blended. Spread evenly on a large greased baking sheet and roast the mix for about 20 to 25 minutes, turning the diced pieces halfway through, or until golden and tender.
3. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add the canola oil, onions, ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic, cook for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through. Set aside on absorbent paper to remove the excess grease.
4. Place a lettuce leaf in the bottom of each bowl and spread the beef over those, then top with all the toppings and mayonnaise.