Our featured recipe this week, Carne Asada Tacos is from Calavera Cantina a Mexican restaurant in Calgary. You won’t regret trying these delicious grilled meat tacos with salsa verde. It’s easy, quick, and simple to make.
To make the Salsa Verde “green sauce”
- Tomatillos – 4
- Green onion 1 bunch
- Jalapeno – 2 seeded or not
- Cilantro 1 bunch
- Lime juice – 2 floz
- Cumin – 1 tbsp
- Kosher salt – 1 tbsp
- Remove jalapeno stem, quarter tomatillos, add garlic, and blend
- Add cilantro, green onion, cumin and salt continue to blend until almost smooth medium speed
To make the Carne Asada Tacos “grilled meat tacos”
- Corn or flour tortilla for tacos
- Cojita cheese or feta crumbled
- Sirloin or your favorite cut of steak
- Lime juice – 1 floz
- Lemon juice – 1 floz
- Orange juice – 1 floz
- Cilantro ½ bunch chopped fine
- Garlic – 2 cloved finely minced
- Kosher salt – tt
- Ground black pepper – tt
- Marinate steak in all ingredients for 4 hrs or overnight.
- Grill on BBQ on medium-high heat until medium-rare. Then allow to rest
- Heat taco shells either in a pan with a bit of canola oil, or on the grill, or even the microwave
- Cut into thin strips against the grain to ensure meat being tender
- Place strips of steak on a tortilla shell, followed by a dollop of salsa verde, and then sprinkled with the cojita cheese.
If you like this recipe, make sure to check out their restaurant!