Club House shared with us this delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Perogies. These delectable dumplings, filled with savoury potato or Cheddar, are bathed in a luscious blend of cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and cream cheese. Slow-cooked to perfection with a hint of bacon grease, Italian seasoning, and a touch of onion, this dish is a symphony of flavours. Whether you choose to simmer on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours, the result is a creamy, dreamy delight that will leave your taste buds singing. Perfect for those cosy evenings when you crave a warm, hearty meal.
Slow Cooker Creamy Perogies
- 1 package (907 g) frozen perogies, such as potato or Cheddar
- 1 can (284 ml) cream of mushroom soup Substitution Available
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 package (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) bacon grease or butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Ground Black Pepper
1. Grease inside of slow cooker with bacon grease or butter. Add frozen pierogis. In a medium bowl, mix mushroom soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Seasoning and salt. Add to the slow cooker, stirring to mix. Top with cubed cream cheese. Stir again. Cover with lid.
2. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours, stirring gently to mix each hour to hour and a half. Serve warm.