This week’s recipe is a Turkey Burger meal with garlic aioli, cranberry & rhubarb spicy relish paired with sweet potato fries and homemade ketchup! The ingredients of this great summer meal can be found from local farmers through the grocery gateway Fresh Village Farms!
– 1 lb ground turkey thigh from Winter’s Turkeys
– 1/4 cup hemp hearts (I couldn’t find oats so hemp hearts worked great)
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– 2 egg whites, lightly beaten from Mann’s Eggs
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil from my indoor click & grow
– 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Mix above ingredients into a bowl
2. Divide into burger-sized patties & grill on the bbq
3. Add chevre goat cheese to burger while hot
1. Combine ingredients into a bowl and stir until thick and well mixed.
Sweet Potato Fries
– sweet potatoes
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– spring rosemary
– salt & pepper
1. Slice sweet potatoes 1/2″ thick & lay on a pan (nonstick rubber mat is ideal so they don’t stick to the pan)
2. Season with olive oil, rosemary, salt & pepper.
3. Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes
4. Shake halfway through
– 1 (227 ml) can tomato paste
– 1 cup tomatoes
– 1/2 cup water, divided
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
– 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 1 oz Quebec maple syrup from Gosford Maple Farm via Galimax
1. Combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and mustard powder into a bowl.
2. Stir on the stovetop for 45 min – add more water as needed
3. Add white vinegar then stir for 15 minutes
4. Add Quebec maple syrup, stir for 15 minutes, then serve!