Our ‘Ono Poke Bowl is our namesake and one of the most traditional recipes Chef Lawrence designed while training in Maui. This dish is the perfect meal to cool down on a hot summer day or to show off to your family and friends.
‘Ono means delicious fish. Poke means diced or cut up.
Ono Poke Bowl Marinated Ahi Tuna Recipe
Serves 1 bowl
– 1 LB Fresh Ahi Tuna
– 100ml Soy Sauce Ginger
– 1 Teaspoon (Grated) Garlic
– 1 Clove (Grated) Red Thai Chilli Sugar
– 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
– 100ml Water
1. Dice Ahi tuna to approximately 1 cm by 1 cm cubes.
2. Take your ginger and garlic and grate into a puree.
3. Depending on desired spice levels, use half the Thai pepper and chop thinly with seeds.
4. Mix sugar, water, sesame oil, soy sauce, chopped thai pepper and pureed garlic and ginger together into a bowl and add your tuna. Let sit in the fridge for about 30 min.
5. Mix before serving.
Note: Add any Vegetables and topping of your choice. Chef Lawrence typically pairs this with julienned carrot, cabbage and daikon served on sushi rice, salad or brown rice. The marinaded fish can also be eaten on its own!
Find out more about ‘Ono Poke Co.