This week’s Salmon Burger recipe comes from CUT Cooking. CUT cooking was formed by two YYC families with the goal to spread healthy and delicious gluten-free meal options, using ingredients that can be found in your pantry or local grocery store. This Mediterranean salmon patty is moist and stocked full with onion, zucchini, olives, fresh herbs and feta, and can be cooked on the stovetop or BBQ.
– 1 lb salmon, uncooked and minced
– 3/4 cup feta cheese
– 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
– 1/2 cup red onions
– 1/3 cup sliced olives
– 1 egg
– 2 cloves garlic
– 2 tbsp fresh dill
– 2 tbsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes
– 1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine all ingredients into large bowl and mix well.
2. Using your hands, form mixture into approximately 6 patties.
3. Decide whether grilling on BBQ or stove top in grilling pan.
4. Stove top: In a large grilling pan, heat oil or butter. Add patties and cook until golden. Approximately 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. BBQ: Spray grill with high heat oil to ensure patties won’t stick. Heat BBQ to medium/high heat. Grill patties approximately 4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
5. Serve patties on gluten-free buns and top with your favourite toppings. We love arugula, tomato and CUT tarter sauce.
6. Cheers to a great summer meal!