This week’s recipe comes from Max Labhardt of Good Fillin’! This Panna Cotta with Saffron is the perfect twist on a tradition Italian dessert!
Panna Cotta with Saffron
– 750ml 36% whipping cream
– 160g sugar
– 1 pc lemon zest only
– 1 pc orange zest only
– 2g saffron threat herbs
– 15g gelatin herbs
– 250ml 4lt milk
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, lemon and orange zest and saffron.
2. Bring the mix to a simmer, stirring gently, then remove from the heat.
3. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes to develop the flavour and colour.
4. Stir the powdered gelatin into the cream mixture until it dissolves.
5. Strain the mixture through a fine meshed sieve, then stir in the milk.
6. Pour the mixture into chilled wine glassed.
7. Serve and garnish with fresh fruit.