This week’s recipe comes from Chef Elycia Ross of Lil’ Truck on the Prairie, Calgary’s gourmet food truck! This Honey Roasted Root Vegetables with White Bean Hummus, Sourdough and Arugula Pesto recipe is sourced from locally sourced ingredients and will be the perfect addition to your lineup!
Honey Roasted Root Vegetables with White Bean Hummus, Sourdough and Arugula Pesto
Step 1: Honey Roasted Vegetables
– 1 parsnip
– 1 beet
– 1/2 of a celery root
– 1 carrot
– 1 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Cut root vegetables into large bite size pieces
3 Toss root vegetables in oil, honey and salt.
4. Place root vegetables on your sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Step 2: Arugula Pesto
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 cup arugula
– 1/4 cup lemon balm
– 1 lemon juiced (save zest)
– 2 tbsp shredded parmesan
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– pinch of salt
1. Blend all ingredients except olive oil and salt.
2. While blender is running, slowly drizzle oil into mixture and puree until smooth.
Step 3: White Bean Hummus
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 can of white navy beans
– juice of half a lemon
– pinch of salt
– 1 tbsp canola oil
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Step 4: Putting it all together
1. Once all of your components are ready, slice and toast/grill 2 thick pieces of sourdough
2. Smear your hummus on the sourdough and pile the roasted veggies on top.
3. Spoon the pesto onto the root vegetables and scatter leftover arugula, microgreens or herbs to finish.